Wiltshire Rural Music provides bursaries and financial assistance for young people who may need help with music tuition and related expenses. Working in partnership with Wiltshire Music Connect, WRM have created a young person's bursary fund to support young musicians and their families living in Wiltshire.
Awards are means tested and applicants must be able to provide relevant evidence of income. WRM welcome applications from parents, carers or music tutors.
The music education hub for Wiltshire.
• Young people aged 5-18 who are resident in Wiltshire
• Families in need of financial support
• Young people who receive a subsidy from the Wiltshire Music Connect Scheme and require further support
• Young people who receive tuition privately and therefore cannot access the Wiltshire Music Connect scheme
• Young people who show evidence of progress and commitment through involvement in music-making outside
• Exceptionally gifted musicians requiring advanced study
• Families where more than one child is receiving tuition
• Tuition on a second instrument
• Support for individual tuition when deemed appropriate by the tutor
• Related expenses eg. examination fees, travel expenses for advanced musicians
• Encouraging the take up of rarer instruments eg. bassoon, oboe, lower brass, viola, cello
• The cost of adapting instruments for young people with special educational needs
If not an Associate of Wiltshire Music Connect it is a requirement that tutors will be of a professional standard and can give evidence of this, as well as DBS clearance. A tutor new to WRM will be asked to provide this evidence on application.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide termly reports from their tutors.
Tutors will be paid directly on receipt of an invoice and report on the musician’s progress.
We are now accepting applications!
Please apply before August 31st 2019 for consideration at our September meeting.